Friday, May 31, 2013

If I Were to Approach This as a More Literary Assignment

My fabulous horoscope for June got me thinking about this project again. I'm really enjoying this balance between superstition/spirituality and science. Disregarding concentric circles of influence for a moment (just because it's right doesn't mean it's fun), how would the El Niño be accounted for by modern Astrology? After all, I don't think I can ask the right questions until I understand the mechanisms that I'm asking about. At a high probability of going off in the wrong direction, here's a little astrological word association to get started.

El Niño --> oceans --> Neptune --> Pisces --> 12th House

What's interesting about this chain of words are the number of similarities that these aspects have. Each is a bit mysterious. Neptune in particular is slow moving and illusionary. The planet swells and diminishes over time, like that original graph of El Niño. There is a great deal of mystery associated with all these aspects. Amusingly El Niño, refers to the boy or the Christ Child, who appeared at the beginning of the Age of Pisces.

As a Liberal Arts major, I find these coincidences fascinating, as if there is some underlying (perhaps spiritual) force that is creating this El Niño phenomenon. But, is it one phenomenon or is it many phenomena?  Is this weather event simply a culmination of many things?  Is this simply Jungian Literary Theory gone a muck? I wholeheartedly believe that there is a lot of knowledge trapped in the collective unconscious that we (as humanity) have not successfully mined or identified. We know without knowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment